- Fishing in the Raven Fork River
- Camping in the sun in the Great Smokey Mountains
- See the beautiful Raven Fork River
- Spectacular river front views!
- Kids have a great time in our pool
- Relax at our indoor pool
- Try to catch a fish in our trout ponds
- Tubing is fun in the summer
- Kids enjoy our Big Bouncer
- Our poolside cafe is great for snacks
- Watch movies under the stars
- Play a round of mini golf with the family
Open All Year
For a long weekend, a week-long getaway, or just an evening or two, the beautiful Cherokee KOA is the place to be!
Set in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, and in the heart of Cherokee tribal country, the Cherokee KOA boasts 360-degree views of the mountains. This resort-style campground is bordered on one side by the serene Raven Fork River and on the other side by three tribal trout ponds, so bring your rod and reel for some great fishing!
Cherokee KOA makes an excellent base camp as you explore the rich cultural tapestry of the area.
- One mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway named one of the most scenic drives in the nation!
- Gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Stocked trout ponds and miles of river fishing
- Close to downtown Cherokee. Shop local artisans or play at Harrah's Cherokee Casino
- Just one hour through the National Park to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, or an hour East to Asheville and the Biltmore House and Garden.
Onsite, weve got plenty of special events, theme weekends, and seasonal activities. Check our events calendar for details.
During your stay, enjoy the shuttle to see area attractions and events--provided free with purchase of any ticket at the onsite Recreation Outpost:
- Horseback riding
- Tubing rentals
- Zipline canopy tours
- Whitewater rafting
- The Museum of the Cherokee Indian
- Oconaluftee Indian Village
- Reenactment of the Trail of Tears
Shuttle provided for FREE with purchase of any ticket!
Check out our hot deals, running through the summer. Guests are invited to stay 6 nights and get the 7th night FREE, or for a quick trip, stay Friday and Saturday night and get Sunday night FREE!
Driving a Big Rig? With 50 amp service and 136-foot pull-throughs available on some sites, you'll love our campground's easy access. No RV? No problem! Spend your days outdoors and your nights in cozy comfort in deluxe cabins furnished with linens and kitchen supplies. Unique cabins overlook the river, and have a cozy atmosphere and fireplace. .
With 400 campsites, pavilions, a plaza and its own fleet of vans, this KOA is ideal for even the biggest group gatherings. Food and special entertainment are available for groups. Enjoy the indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs, island pet walk and many events on the campground.
We also have a waterslide that will take you sliding right into the outdoor pool. Enjoy a family-oriented film under the stars, with freshly-popped popcorn available. Our KOA's Big Bouncer is a great hit with the entire family, providing safe fun for adults and kids alike! Grab a ride as our hay ride winds through camp. Don't be surprised to hear a serenade of campfire songs by the passengers on this rustic ride!
- 50 Max Amp
- 136' Max Length
- Cable TV
- Hot Tub / Sauna
- Snack Bar ($)
- Propane ($)
- Fishing ($)
- Mini Golf
- Firewood ($)
- Bike Rentals ($)
- Tour Shuttle ($)